St. Monica R.C. Church
Creve Coeur, Missouri
Year of Commission 1989
The organ is located in the front of the sanctuary and to the right side of the altar.
St. Monica was established as a Mission Church. The first church building was built in 1872. The current building is the third structure at this location. It was built in 1960-61. This Catholic Church in Creve Coeur, West County suburb of St. Louis, was enlarged in 1980-81, prior to the arrival of Monsignor Nicholas A. Schneider in 1984. There was no pipe organ.
Under the leadership of Monsignor Schneider, Executive Secretary of the Archdiocesan Commissions on Sacred Liturgy, Music and Art, and Dr. Marie Kremer, the Music Director, the congregation commissioned Opus 61.
This was the first instrument Martin Ott built, in its new shop in Olivette, St. Louis, Missouri, in 1991.
Marie Kremer played the Dedicatory Recital.
22 stops | 25 ranks
Suspended mechanical action