St. Mark's Episcopal Church
Year of Commission 1987
The organ case is made of red oak and stained to match the furniture of the church; the keydesk is attached to the organ case, the key action is suspended. The instrument is placed against the left wall of the sanctuary.
St. Mark’s was designed at the height of Gothic Revival architecture’s popularity, in 1844. The church represents one of the purest expressions of the form to be found in Geneva. The church was built of local, inexpensive riverstone.
In 1986 St. Mark’s parish, wishing to share their community of faith with a larger number, completed a plan to build a beautiful new worship and fellowship area.
In 2001, a new Fellowship Hall/Great Room, additional Sunday school classrooms, a choral rehearsal room, and updated office areas were added to the facility. Martin Ott designed Opus 47 for that new space. The instrument, when initially installed, was prepared for several stops to be added at a later date. In 2006 these stops were completed.
19 stops | 22 ranks
Mechanical suspended action