St. Raphael R.C. Church
Kimball organ, 1911.
Rebuilt in 1987 by Martin Ott as Opus 36.
Year of Commission 1985.
Opus 36 was then replaced by the actual Berghaus organ in 1999.
The present church structure was built in 1992 to seat 1,200 persons. The first organ which this parish obtained was an eight-rank instrument built by W. W. Kimball of Chicago in 1911, which formerly stood in the Cathedral of Saint Raymond in Joliet, Illinois. This Kimball organ was rebuilt in 1987 by Martin Ott as Opus 36 and later replaced.
The present organ was built by the Berghaus Organ Company in 1999, incorporating several pipe stops made by Martin Ott in addition to other portions of the previous instrument. This three-manual organ contains sixty-one ranks. The Great, Positiv and Pedal divisions are placed on slider chests; the Swell division is on electro-pneumatic action.
Julie and Robert Frazier are the Co-Music and Liturgy Directors.
1999 Berghaus Organ: 55 stops | 61 ranks
Mechanical and electro pneumatic action.